The Darby Project is now accepting resumes for a part-time Social Media Specialist.
Resumes may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Specialist Job Summary:
Social Media Specialist for The Darby Project. The Darby Project is a military non-profit organization.
The Social Media Specialist is a subject matter expert in all social media platforms, as well as demonstrated knowledge in marketing. The Social Media Specialist represents the entire Darby Project Team in high visibility programs and events across all chapters.
The incumbent of this role manages all The Darby Project social media platforms and assists The Darby Project Chapter Presidents and Executive Team to promote the brand. This position is the primary point of contact for The Darby Project Presidents to promote events and accomplishments in their chapter. This position will also manage all social media platforms to make sure everything is within the scope of The Darby Project brand. The Social Media Specialist will also assist in publishing occasional blog posts and email blasts. The Social Media Specialist will report to the Project Specialist. In addition, the incumbent of this role will promote The Darby Project partner organizations brands and services to the Ranger community.
- Provide subject matter expertise for Social Media for The Darby Project and The Darby Project Chapter Presidents.
- 20 hours a week commitment; work from home.
- Maintain detailed record of events and accomplishments for all The Darby Project Chapters
- Effective, prompt communication with all team members
- Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma
- Intermediate/Expert knowledge of social media outlets, Internet navigation, document sharing platforms & Microsoft Office.
- Accessible & reliable Internet access
- All basic equipment needed for the position; ie: computer, printer/scanner, webcam, cell phone, etc.
Preferred Qualifications, Not Required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Marketing/SMM experience
- Experience or some familiarity with platforms such as: Salesforce, Yammer, Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, Gmail, Adobe, WordPress, Join.Me
- Some knowledge on the US military and/or veteran affairs.
- $10-12/hour- based on experience.