Created by The Darby Project Director in concept in 2014 and adopted with modifications by the 75th Ranger Regiment in 2018, the Ranger for Life program are single to multi-day professional and personal development events at active duty Ranger units. TDP tailors its programs to meet the requirements of Ranger unit leadership. TDP calls of Ranger Ambassadors, Ranger for Life Advocates, Ranger Guides, and civilian subject matter experts to connect, educate and empower participating Rangers and their family members for a successful Army career and eventual transition from active duty service.
Ranger Transition: The Big 5
PROFESSIONAL FITNESS (Career Development, Continued Education, Smart Financial Practices)
- Career Development
- Continued Education
- Financial Practices
- Savings strategies – Thrift Savings Plan
- A certified financial planner (Marcus Hull)
EMOTIONAL FITNESS (Mental Health, Family Health)
- Mental Health
Participate in Functional Emotional Fitness Coaching
- Family Health – Involve Spouse/Family members when appropriate
- Ranger Wives Groups
- Family/Couples Retreats
- Encourage a connection with their local Vet Center
PHYSICAL FITNESS (VA, Living Conditions, Fitness)
- In Service
- Document all injuries that occur on active duty.
- Make connection with VA prior to ETS/Retirement
- Connect with Care Coalition to determine eligibility.
- Post Service
SPIRITUAL FITNESS (Higher Purpose)
- In Service/Post Service
SOCAL FITNESS (Leading the Way inside and outside the military)
- Attend Ranger Rendezvous/Annual Ranger Muster
- Become a member of USARA and connect with local chapters.
- Establish reoccurring opportunities at the local level for Rangers, non-Rangers, and civilian supporters that share similar ideals, hobbies, and interests.
- Ranger Breakfast
- PT groups
- Outdoor Activities
- Stay connected and engaged in positive activities.
- Victor App
- Rotary Club
- Chamber of Commerce
- Animal Shelters